Notes of the work group on solidarity from the peoples of the Spanish State, within the With Catalonia international meeting
Sunday 17 December, 10.30 am.
1. Coordination mechanisms
- Permanent contact through e-mail so as to facilitate coordination and network.
- To organise visits from Catalunya to the territories in order to spread knowledge about the political situation and the structures created of people’s organisation and struggle.
- To organise a second people’s meeting of solidarity with Catalonia.
- To promote a campaign for the freedom of the political prisoners, against 155 and the rest of the repressive measures taken by the State (fines, arrests…).
- To underline the social character of the Catalan Republic.
- To build peoples’ sovereignty with the inclusion of women and diversity so as not to reproduce existing patterns of power.
To promote a day/week of struggle across the Spanish state and to work with a calendar of mobilisations established from the different territories. Some important dates are already noted:
- March 2018 Marchas por la Dignidad (Demonstrations for Dignity)
- 18 March 2018: the results are published of the consultations on independence organised by councils in the Basque country.